5/6/11

I have gout, can I take colchicine with indocin together at the same time?

I have gout, can I take colchicine with indocin together at the same time?Can I take colchicine with indocin together without any bad drug interactions?

Patricia*AtL
im not sure about the med..you should ask your pharmacist about that..they will know..about the gout..if you cut down on eat meat..especially red meat it will help alot..

Chris
Yes but you should follow the dosage schedule your doctor out lined for you. They both independently can cause toxicity but other than irritating your stomach for the short term flareup are usually pretty safe. However if you take them as long term preventive or maintenance your doctor would monitor your blood. I hope this helps. PS... they usually are less irritating to the stomach if taken after a small snack.

Add your own answer in the comments! Gout - information, symptoms and treatments. Googout.info health information factsheet - advice on gout and its symptoms, causes and treatment, plus prevention through diet.



Orignal From: I have gout, can I take colchicine with indocin together at the same time?

1 comment:

  1. Indocin or indomethacin in my opinion is very effective in relieving gout symptoms. Taking 25mg at my first opportunity (the point where I convince myself that I did nothing to stub my toe and it is a gout attack) quickly reduces the pain. I have not experienced the stomach pains or paranoia that the previous post talks about. I always take this medicine with food and drink as directed by my physician.

    generic indocin

    indocin online

    ReplyDelete